1. Welcome to the Kingdoms of Heckfire Forums Guest!
    Please review our Code of Conduct before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Quest Reward Changes + Market Launch

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jul 3, 2019.

1. [ATA]Grant

A Thinking Ape

Starting tomorrow (July 4th), Dragon Quests will reward players with Dragon Shard Stamps instead of directly giving Dragon Shards.

[​IMG]

- These stamps can be redeemed in the new Market section of the store for Dragon Shards.
    - Initially the Market will only contain (non-legendary) Dragon Shards
    - We will be adding additional reward options, and ways to purchase them in the future.
    - 3 different Dragon Shards will be available each day
    - The Dragon Shards available will match that day's Biome Quests
    - The cost of these Dragon Shards increases with each purchase, and resets each day
    - While you may see shards for Dragons you do not yet own, you'll only be able to purchase them if you already own that dragon.
    - Daily Gifts have been moved to the bottom of the Chests section of the Store.

2. YakimaDWB

YakimaDWB Citizen

I was just wondering ... why?

If it's not broke, why "fix" it?

The only thing I can think of as a plus, the choice of how to spend the tickets. Otherwise it just adds a step to get the rewards we used to get.

There doesn't seem to be a problem with it by any means... I'd just appreciate an answer to why this was done.

13thNinja likes this.
  3. WhattheEll

WhattheEll New Citizen

It was implemented to reduce shards by 20 per day if you choose to take “advantage” of the new option to purchase shards for a single dragon.

You always received either 80 pve shards or 40 pvp and 40 pve by completing the dragon quest daily. You can still get 80 per day but buying for different dragons, it will still be the status quo of 80 or 40/40, they may call it an option but it really isn’t if you want to get the same amount of shards daily.

The only “option” added was to purchase shards for a single dragon but in doing so, you will only be able to purchase 60 shards, unless you hoard previous days stamps, then you are actually just losing more shards as the price keeps going up.

If ATA really wanted to give the player base real options they would have made the cost per day 10 stamps up to 4 purchases then start increasing the cost. This would actually mean real options for purchasing your daily dragon shards.

All this is, is just a way to reduce shards and sell more dragon packs, that’s all.

#3 WhattheEll, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    YakimaDWB and AndChips like this.
  4. GirRobot

GirRobot New Citizen

Kinda wondering why DDQ 3* requirements for littles shot up from 243k to 1.6m (th6) with the launch of this... makes 3*ing the DQ virtually impossible for the very littles and new alt accounts (like this one)

#4 GirRobot, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  5. Thetaras

Thetaras New Citizen

I don't know about other brackets (I assume the number of dragon food stamp are the same) but in my bracket this works out to be a slight benefit to the player.

I get 40 stamps per day for 3* so I can buy each set of shards once and one set a second time for 36 stamps totaling 80 shards. This leaves 4 stamps to bank and use on additional shards in the future.

6. GirRobot

GirRobot New Citizen

That's the problem, tho... yesterday, it took me 243k or so to 3* the DQ... my th is the same today and now its 1.6m... as a th6, we don't have much brew... even the dailies from my clan aren't enough... my main is th20, and its 2.7m or something close to that... this feels like a screw up big time from ata... 1.6m is what it was taking around th15 hitting lvl 5 mobs... hitting lvl 2 mobs trying to get 1.6m is gonna take hours upon hours and spending tons of gems/cash daily to do...

7. Thetaras

Thetaras New Citizen

Sorry, my comment was more about the whole dragon stamp change in the store.

8. dlz9345X

dlz9345X Liked Citizen

I’m pretty sure my bracket stayed the same.

What I believe happened for you (just like my realm) was that your bracket increased to not just th 6, but the range is to th15 as the smallest bracket. Maybe check some of your hourly quests. I’m not too sure, but it’s just a guess.

Otherwise, ATA just messed up again

9. GirRobot

GirRobot New Citizen

I'm going to go with ata messed up... looking at my dq today and it's back down to what it was before... went from ~500k 3* to ~1.7m 3* and now back to ~500k for 3*... th lvl never changed... someone goofed somewhere and stealth fixed it

10. dlz9345X

dlz9345X Liked Citizen

Lol sneaky ninjas about 👀