1. Welcome to the Kingdoms of Heckfire Forums Guest!
    Please review our Code of Conduct before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Clan Stronghold

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Aoweyn, Jun 11, 2018.

?

Do you think this would be fun for you and your clan?

1. Heck yeah that would be amazing!

2. I’d be interested in it but I don’t know if my clan would.

3. I think this is a waste of the developers time.

4. I could care less either way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Aoweyn

Aoweyn New Citizen

So I’ve been thinking about this and planning it out for the last few weeks or so and I was curious what all of your guys opinions are. I’ve been seeing the recent changes to the game with shrines (increased PvP damage, biome boosts, troop boosts, etc.) and honestly I was disappointed. I’m over a billion might so Im definitely capable of being able to claim these bonuses however that’s also part of my problem with it. I like watching the realms grow and I do everything I can to help out younger players and give them the ability to grow and thrive as well. But with shrines all it does is make the bigs bigger and furthers the divide between what players are even able to participate in. For such a large update and being a part of the shrine beta I was disappointed to see how few players and clans could even really participate in shrines per realm. That then got me thinking of what could be some way to incorporate everybody into something new. Because although I love the game it’s updates that stop the game from ever becoming stale and unfortunately for a lot of the smaller players/ clans it’s a real struggle to stay interested when your participation is so limited. So I propose the idea of a clan stronghold.

The clan stronghold could be accessed from the clan page and in order to build it up and level it up it would require resource donations from the clan. These resources would be safe in the clan stronghold and once a certain amount was reached anyone who is rank 4 or 5 can initiate the upgrade to raise the clan stronghold to the next level. I think it’d be cool to get even more complex with it and inside the clan stronghold are subsection buildings almost like the clans own personal little kingdom each pertaining to a different stat (troops (PVP), troops (PVE), research, dragon stats, troop time, wall defense, resource gathering, etc) each building having its own level and requiring its own amount of donated clan resources to level up. This would allow the clan to choose what aspect of the game it would like to focus on boosting its clan members stats depending on its clans building levels. This also would diversify clans allowing them to establish their own “identity” in the realm as well as allow all players regardless of might the ability to participate and come together with other players. I also think it’d be fun if based on certain buildings levels it would add a small visual to the clan members kingdoms or something in game that more represents their clan. Maybe as certain building levels increase it unlocks an emblem (like maybe getting the troop building to level 5 unlocked a crossing swords emblem) and this emblem could be shown on a large banner/standard that could be placed by a rank 4 or rank 5 at the location of the clans hive signifying their clan and their clan strongholds accomplishments. If you guys have any further ideas feel free to leave them below! And if you guys really like the idea be sure to get the word out and let’s get the devs to push it through!

Thanks everyone!,

Aoweyn Realm 23 😎

2. BuyAPint

BuyAPint New Citizen

This actually sounds pretty great! I was starting to feel that gameplay was getting a bit stale anyway (events are great but can only go so far).

This seems like a fun, collaborative way to play the game (which might help balance how PvP-focused the game currently is)!

3. iconic

iconic New Citizen

I think this is a great idea as it would make sure EVERYONE participates in the shrines instead of only the biggest players in the realm
    I like the whole idea and hope the developers take the time to read and reply like we have
    I would love to see a Clan Strong hold

MajorSmartass likes this.
  4. RickSanchez

RickSanchez Citizen

Fantastic idea to add another dimension to gameplay. Thanks, Ao.

5. Melissa24

Melissa24 New Citizen

Amazing idea. It is easy for a game like this to eventually disinterest players, as day in and day out you mainly just try to build might. A stronghold would bring a clan together, as well as alow smaller members to contribute - rather than let all the big players squabble over shrines. I’d love to be able to participate in something like this 👍🏻 And give me some motivation to come back to the game, rather than just hitting might milestones

RickSanchez and iconic like this.
  6. Kogigi

Kogigi New Citizen

My suggestion to this would be put a cap on weekly upgrade limits though. Because this still will make bigger clans more of an adversary. They will flood resources and cap out things very quickly while smaller clans, or clans who struggle with RSS would not always be able to keep up. Allowing everyone to have a fair chance and now be able to rush. Say like the first week everything capped 10m RSS. You can use those for upgrades and have certain upgrades to raise the caps, so you customize everything too.

Love this idea though! Would love to see this. Maybe even have a clan castle based near hives that help defend your hives from attacks and you have to be within so many tiles or something.

7. Harley09

Harley09 New Citizen

This is a great concept which I have seen and participated in when playing Game of War. Agree with Kogigi on caps to prevent a further divide btw the larger and smaller clans.

8. Multiplat

Multiplat Helpful Citizen

This kind of idea would be great. However as some players have mentioned, a limit needs to be put in place. I think a limit of 10m of each rss donated by each player weekly would be good. That means within a week, the clan could have 500m of each rss to use toward upgrades. This is an obtainable number by many smaller clans and would keep the big clans from maxing their upgrades too rapidly.

9. Fallen0ne

Fallen0ne New Citizen

Could also offer clan only items like, clan shield, maybe a brewery where clans could give resources for their own craft brew. Etc.