1. Welcome to the Kingdoms of Heckfire Forums Guest!
    Please review our Code of Conduct before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Maintenance Common/Uncommon Dragon - Compensation Correction

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Todd, Dec 3, 2020.

1. [ATA]Todd

Staff Member A Thinking Ape

Common/Uncommon Dragon - compensation correction

After our recent update to the leveling curves for our Common and Uncommon dragons, we made the decision to refund overage XP as golden chow. This was intended to make sure that none of your hard-earned XP was wasted, especially in cases where that experience level would put your dragons beyond their experience caps. As some of the more eagle-eyed of you may have noticed, the exchange was done at the base rate of 2000 experience per golden chow. Because we neglected to correct for research, we failed to take into account just how much more of a payout some players would get than others. We understand that some of you felt concerned about the balance implications of the game. We also understand that some of you feel cheated, and would have made different choices had you known that this imbalanced payout was coming.

As a result of this, in order to be as fair as possible to all affected players and to maintain the balance and long-term health of the game, we are reassessing and redoing this process entirely. The original compensation may have been confusing enough, and many of you will have concerns and questions, so please read on for more information.

****"

"Re-do it how exactly?"

The long and short of it is, everyone that was granted golden chow originally will -still- have gotten some, although now at the corrected rate after taking research into account.

At 2:30PM (Pacific) on December 3, we will be disabling PvP, as well as locking the ability to feed, tier, and equip your dragons with relics. This may take as long as 24 hours, but we will put out messaging if this ends much sooner.

We will then be resetting all of your dragons to the state that they were in on November 28, 11:30AM Pacific. Any chow that you had used between then and when we disabled PvP will be refunded to you, along with a research-corrected amount of golden chow.

"Wait, reset? What's getting lost?"

Your levels and experience points will be reset first to the state that they were in on the date and time above.

Any chow, golden or otherwise, used in between that date and when we disable PvP will be refunded.

Your tier will remain as-is -provided- that your dragons are still at a high enough level, post-adjustment, to support it. If that is not the case, your tier will be downgraded, and you will be refunded the relics and speedups required.

Your rank will NOT be affected at all.

"But you're only disabling PvP marches, right? What happens to the XP I'm getting from sending my dragons out on marches?"

If you get rolled back, your combat XP from the rollback period will be rolled back too. It will reappear later, so hold tight. XP earned from marches that occur DURING the time when feeding is disabled, is not guaranteed to be returned, so march at your own risk.

"But I didn't use any of that golden chow I got- am I still getting reset?"

Actually, no. You will simply be deducted enough of it such that you will be left with the proper, research-corrected amount, and your dragons will remain untouched.

We understand that this rollback is an extreme measure, but it is a necessary one in order to prolong the long-term health of the game and is ultimately the fairest decision to all players involved. We wholeheartedly apologize for all the difficulties and confusion that this whole process has caused, and will be sending everyone 5x 24-Hour Dragon Speedups, and 5x Big Ol' 250 Brew.

We want to do our best to be as fair as possible and make sure we did it right this time. If you still feel this correction doesn't make sense (after we have completed it), you are welcome to send in a Help ticket with any specific questions or concerns. We appreciate all of your support and continued patience as we resolve these issues.

- The Heckfire Team

Seijiryo likes this.
  2. Scroll

Scroll Citizen

Wel there go all the speed ups used to level the dragon tiers I guess. We just going to lose out on all that too?

3. AresTheWarGod

AresTheWarGod New Citizen

It literally says that you’re getting refunded

PurpleNinja1469 likes this.
  4. MrXavier

MrXavier Citizen

So we have to get stars on daily solo quests for the new event, and youre locking at least dragon growth, and saying if we do the monster slayers we aren't getting exp too bad so sad? That's 4 solo quests missed in a 24hr period and another 4 MS we don't really want to take part in.
    Also I don't understand, if you never accounted for drag exp modifiers from research/buildings wouldn't that mean those with maxed research should get more?

5. Scroll

Scroll Citizen

Oooh. 5 24 he speed ups. And those who used more than that? Lol have fun.

WhipzNChainz likes this.
  6. MrXavier

MrXavier Citizen

scratch that part I get it 🌚 but we are still effectively missing out on 8 daily solo's if you take 24 hrs, which are needed for your new event

WhipzNChainz likes this.
  7. Victoria

Victoria New Citizen

This is a well raised point.
    I didn't use only dragon speedups, I used regular speedups to tier up as well. More than 5x24hrs...

8. badhabits

badhabits New Citizen

“Your tier will remain as-is -provided- that your dragons are still at a high enough level, post-adjustment, to support it. If that is not the case, your tier will be downgraded, and you will be refunded the relics and speedups required.”

Victoria and OOBLET like this.
  9. Dalida

Dalida New Citizen

As the holiday sales are largely focused on dragons, I would suspect that people would likely have informed their purchasing decisions with the current state of the game in mind.

As ATA has/is drastically altering game play are they willing to refund any and all purchases that were caused by the way ATA misinformed their player base?

10. Victoria

Victoria New Citizen

Ooo I had skimmed over and missed this. Ty for the quote

11. ploki

ploki New Citizen

Is the comp for XP change on the dragons since they were first unlocked? If so, will the comp be based on current research level or research level over the comp time?

IE if XP was gained with no research and later research was completed and additional XP earned is that being taken into consideration?

12. SpicyNacho

SpicyNacho New Citizen

As a long time spender to ATA going back to Smash this whole thing with the dragons is an absolute joke.

lonelygal likes this.
  13. lonelygal

lonelygal New Citizen

Why not just pause the game for a day and give everyone a free shield and add the day on to the event programme so people don’t lose out again

TheDarkAngel likes this.
  14. CyberSkull

CyberSkull Citizen

May I how how dissapointing that is!!! You won't make it up with 1.25k brew and 3 days of speedups!!! Just STOP ruining our game, once u made something good for the players and then you take it. Give back the chow you took from us, no apolagize of your side will help for what u did. First you lowered the power of the Raid dragons and now that? That is a joke i dont like!!!

alex12164 and WhipzNChainz like this.
  15. ProfessorDaddy

ProfessorDaddy Liked Citizen

Should have known when I got excited about an update that it was “a mistake”. It really felt like the good old days where the updates were something a FTP player could look forward to there for a second.... but don’t worry, you guys “fixed” it.

A great fix here. Oooh and remember when they “fixed” the economy so that we got 20% of the gems from kills among other marvelous changes?

But a fix for the ally system? What’s that? A fix for even just the in-game milestones even?! Where’s that update?

You guys are the absolute worst. I wish I’d never followed you here from SMASH. Truly awful.

YeetKingofIPA and alex12164 like this.
  16. FAT_PANDA

FAT_PANDA New Citizen

What about all the cash people spent. That just gone? I could have skipped this event if I know this crap was going to happen. 😔 TF man.

alex12164 and WhipzNChainz like this.
  17. alex12164

alex12164 New Citizen

Just logged on what is with the 200k x 1 minute speed ups? Shall I use them and hope It doesn't get corrected again or I am waiting for the amazing email of apology first haha

18. M00nchylde

M00nchylde New Citizen

yes I used a great lot of normal speedups. So we lose all that too. Lovely.

alex12164 likes this.
  19. Mixalot

Mixalot New Citizen

How does one send a ticket in?
    Is all the brew that was used to gain exp point for dragons that where taken off going to be refunded? you say we getting 5X250 brew but it just happens to be that a bunch used well over 100 times of that, check your records and refund our brew or better yet refund our money.

alex12164 likes this.
  20. alex12164

alex12164 New Citizen

Didn't even think about the brew side, great point