1. Welcome to the Kingdoms of Heckfire Forums Guest!
    Please review our Code of Conduct before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Craft/Equip Dragon Artefact Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by StarliteLumi, Apr 29, 2020.

1. StarliteLumi

StarliteLumi New Citizen

Whenever a dragon gains a new artefact slot, there is a bug if the artefact needs to be crafted. Here is the sequence:
    1. Tap on the new artefact slot, marked in yellow with a + sign and the word Craft.
    2. Tap on the Craft buttons (the topmost one will craft all intermediate tiers needed).
    3. The foreground window simply disappears -- THIS IS THE BUG. The dragon details screen is still visible, but dimmed, just as it was around the Craft screen.
    4. Tap anywhere, returning you to the dragon details screen. Now the artefact slot is marked Equip.
    5. Tap on the artefact slot.
    6. Tap on the Equip button. Artefact is equipped, and dragon gains power.
    It seems pretty clear that the process should go directly from step 2 to step 6, skipping the unnecessary 3 to 5.

This is identical for iOS and Android, on my iPad 6 and under Bluestacks and MEmu. It's been happening as long as I've been playing (since January), happens every time, and I think also happens when breaking down components to a lower tier (haven't done that for ages).

The thing is, this bug really is quite dumb. In particular, it makes the devs look dumb -- or at least unprofessional.

My theory is that no-one has bothered to report this because it's so obvious. Every player has seen this happen, so we assume the devs have as well, and that someone must have reported it. Trouble is, devs rarely play their own games; certainly almost never in the way a normal player does. So you probably have no idea this is happening, nor how bad it makes you look!

Alternatively, you do know about it but can't fix it or don't care. In which case, allow me to repeat that this bug makes the devs look remarkably incompetent to a lay person. (Which I presume you are not!)

Hope this helps.