1. Welcome to the Kingdoms of Heckfire Forums Guest!
    Please review our Code of Conduct before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

How about sniping incoming scouts?

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by ShriekingViolet, Aug 25, 2018.

1. ShriekingViolet

ShriekingViolet Citizen

Someone mentioned intercepting rss gift marches... why not sniping incoming scouts as well?

2. dlz9345X

dlz9345X Liked Citizen

Uhhh like what does that mean? You can attack scouts? This has the same problem as the sniping resources, just a lot worse. It’s hard to attack things that are moving, especially since your march is usually slower than a scout. Second, what would this do - What would a successful attack do? The guy loses some gold? What do you get for sniping scouts? After all, I could just scout them again... third, what determines the winner? A scout doesn’t have a strength to it... would it be like the scout always loses?

Maybe if you are being scouted, you can attack it and then you won’t be scouted? Well I don’t really see the value behind this.

This idea would just be too hard to implement. I kinda see the value of sniping resources, but attacking scouts just removes the purpose of scouts entirely.

3. ShriekingViolet

ShriekingViolet Citizen

If you can do it, you get the kill and the gold spent by whoever sent the scout goes over to you.

Just spitballing. I mean, if you did the one, why not the other?

4. dlz9345X

dlz9345X Liked Citizen

Well, a scout is one troop... so you get a single troop kill from this? Also, depending on town hall level, you get like 500 gold?

While attacking resource gifting might be a option (although I think it’s pretty dumb), attacking a scout would be pretty gosh dang hard to implement... would you send a march towards the scout? How many troops do I need to send for it to be successful?

The only sniping which I find the most viable is attacking resource nodes, but that would also be pretty dumb... wait till someone’s almost done gathering then snipe them. Currently, it just kicks you off the node and you keep your resources, which is a much better idea. These sniping methods are really just too hard to implement and not worth it.