1. Welcome to the Kingdoms of Heckfire Forums Guest!
    Please review our Code of Conduct before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement 🔒 2 Factor Authentication 🔒

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Todd, Feb 27, 2024.

1. [ATA]Todd

Staff Member A Thinking Ape

[​IMG]
    Introducing two-factor authentication!
    What is it?
    We are introducing a new two-factor authentication system to help secure your accounts!

PLEASE NOTE: If you never log out/disconnect your account from your device you won't be asked to verify. This is not about opening the app into your existing account, but about logging into the account with an ATA ID when your device is not currently logged into the account.

Why did you make it?
    🔒 Improved account security!
    ✍️ Extra protection against password sharing
    🔨
    Cut down on account selling and buying
    🤖 To fight against bot accounts
    Overall, you can expect more security measures against evil-doers and ne'er-do-wells!

How does it work?
    👉 If you're setting up, changing your ATA ID email or setting a new password, a verification code will be sent to your e-mail address. You will need to enter this code into the Kingdoms of Heckfire app to fully set up and login to your account with ATA ID!
    👉 If you're using a new device or logging in with ATA ID for the first time in 30 days on a device you will need to enter a verification code that is sent to the ATA ID email before you can access the account again. This will prove that you're the correct owner!

When will it be live?
    We're going to begin slowly rolling this out starting in the week of February 29th, 2024. It will be gradually released to all players but for now, we want to take our time to make sure it functions as intended and there are no hiccups!

How do I set it up?
    Read the step by step guide in our Help Centre here!

What's next?
    After we fully rollout the initial 2 Factor Authentication system we are working on a few more tweaks to improve the login process for all users! There will be a screen before the tutorial for you to login and Skip the Tutorial! There will also be a Disconnect button in your Extras Menu to make it easier to log in and out!

More details will be available in the coming weeks!

Frequently Asked Questions
    Why are you doing this?
    Increased security measures! Two-factor authentication provides improved account security for all of our players, and it's easy!

Why is this not showing on my account yet?
    We're doing a gradual rollout to make sure there are no unwelcome bugs or issues! The App Update will become available to all players over time, so you won't see any changes until you update!

Also note that you should really only be seeing this if you're creating a new account, logging back into an existing account for the first time in 30 days or after changing the password, or setting a new ATA ID!

What do I do if I lose access to my email/I used a fake email?

Send our team a message through the Help section! We can help verify your account and setup a new ATA ID email for you!

I used the same email multiple times! Will this affect me?
    You can use the same email 5 times!

For those of you who didn't know, lots of emails (Gmail most importantly) support the use of adding a '+' to your email. This appears like a second email to others (like us), but uses your same email inbox!

Example:
    community@athinkingape.com
    community+account1@athinkingape.com
    community+account2@athinkingape.com

All those emails are unique to us, but will use the same community@athinkingape.com inbox.

If you do this, these different emails can be used to verify your account with 2-factor authentication. Remember though, its a max of 5 times per email for your ATA ID!

I put in the incorrect code and I'm locked out!?
    Don't worry, you have multiple tries to get the enter the code and you can send yourself a new code too!
    If you still get stuck, we can help with that too! Message us through a Help ticket.

How many times do I have to do this!?
    Once every 30 days on LOGIN! If you don't log out of your account/disconnect it from your device, you won't be asked for a verification code.

Our system will remember the device that you logged in with so you won't need to send a new code every time you log in.

If I make changes to my ATA ID in Kingdoms of Heckfire, will this affect the one I have registered in PIMD/Witch Arcana/Single City/KaW?
    Yes, this will effectively change ALL of them to your new ATA ID.

If I use Facebook, Google Play or Apple ID, will this impact me in any way!?
    No. You will still be able to login via those methods.

I have a question that isn't covered here!
    Send us a message with any other questions you might have and we'll speak with you further from there!

#1 [ATA]Todd, Feb 27, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024