1. Welcome to the Kingdoms of Heckfire Forums Guest!
    Please review our Code of Conduct before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement Beta Testing - Game updates early release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Todd, Feb 26, 2020.

1. [ATA]Todd

Staff Member A Thinking Ape

[​IMG]

Introducing our new beta build testing program! Opt in to test out, provide feedback on, and help us polish the newest Heckfire builds!

[​IMG]

Q. How will this testing work? How often do new builds come out?

A. We will be releasing test version updates approximately every two weeks, and updating them periodically throughout as needed once they are live.

Q. Are these test accounts? Do I get to keep my progress?

A. The test version of the game is connected to the live game servers. Your account progress and actions will have a normal impact in the game, and all of it is retained.

Q. How can I apply to test the new versions?

A. The invites will be shared with Discord - #TavernChat Patrons to start. As we get this program rolling, we will send out more invites for interested players. (Will have follow up info as we move forward in our Discord channel)

Q: What information will we need? (sign up via Typeform survey - will be posted in #tavernchat for now)

• Your account name
    • The type of device you are going to use (Apple/Android)
    • A valid email address (to receive the testing invite)

Q. Once I’ve signed up, how do I get started?

A. Selected candidates will receive an email invite from TestFlight (Apple) or Google at the email address provided with a link to access the test build

Q. How will I know when a new version is ready to go?

A. You will receive a notification alert when the newest version is available for download on your device.

Q. Do I need to do anything special in order to access the game?

A. Each version (Apple/Android) will have a slightly different process, which we have outlined below under “Apple (iOS) - TestFlight” and “Android” respectively.

Q. If I change my mind and no longer wish to test upcoming versions, can I opt-out?

A. Absolutely! You can opt-out at any time. Instructions on how to opt-out can be found below.

Q. If I find a problem or have feedback regarding the test build, where should I tell you?

A. You can contact us via our new #version-test Discord channels, specifically made for testing these upcoming builds.

- #test-bugs is for reporting issues you encounter while testing. Technical errors, visual problems, etc.

- #test-feedback is for feedback regarding new features/mechanics, etc and your thoughts about them.

Apple (iOS) - TestFlight

*Important note*
    You will be able to access the official game app from the Appstore along with the Testflight test version on your device - 2 separate game icons on the device

Testflight version will not have store accessibility, in order to make purchases you can do so by playing from the official Appstore version of the game

[Opt-in process]
    1. Click the link to sign up for Testflight beta testing

2. Download Testflight

3. You will be notified when a new game update is ready for download and testing

[Opt-out process]
    1. Open TestFlight tap Heckfire, then scroll down and tap "Stop Testing"

Android

*Important note*
    Android beta testing replaces the official game app - can only have one game icon on the device at a time (either the testing version OR the official version)

Both versions will have access to the in-game store.

[Opt-in Process]
    1. Click the link for Android beta tester signup

2. You will be notified when a new game update is ready for download and testing

[Opt-out Process]

1. Go to Google Play Store > Heckfire page
    2. Scroll to bottom section and tap ‘Leave’ beta section

Big THANK YOU to all the players that help make the game better! <3

Clueless1 likes this.
  2. ClintYeastwood

ClintYeastwood New Citizen

So us legacy beta testers... We gotta do anything different or just stay in it on Google play still?

Metzy likes this.